[Pw_forum] Infinite loop while making EPW

Vahid Askarpour vh261281 at dal.ca
Wed Apr 27 15:59:29 CEST 2016

Dear QE Users,

Following my earlier post on “Zero scattering rates for bulk Ge for some k points using EPW”, I noticed that there are new instructions on EPW website for installing the software. Assuming that my installation was flawed,
I recompiled the QE and EPW codes on Linux (x86_84 Redhat 4.4.7.3) with intel-14.0.2 and openmpi-1.6.5 :

1. Downloaded and extracted both espresso-5.4.0 and EPW-5.4.0
2. Moved EPW folder inside the QE folder
3. Inside the QE folder, I typed ./configure --prefix=/home/vahid/bin/espresso-5.4.0
4. Inside the QE folder, I typed “make epw”

This got me into a never-ending loop of uncompress-w90 followed by configure-w90 and then the making of the wannier package. After make[22] of the wannier package, I gave up.

Are the above steps correct? Is there a way out of this loop?

Thank you,

Vahid

Vahid Askarpour
Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS, Canada