[Pw_forum] error becsum PAW calculation

Ongari Daniele daniele.ongari at epfl.ch
Tue Apr 26 09:21:28 CEST 2016

Dear Federico and Paolo,
I would like to be more precise about the solution of the problem

Error in Routine read_rho_general (1):
Reading PAW becsum

I discovered that the error occurs if you don't copy the file "${prefix}.paw" (with default prefix being 'pwscf') in the folder you're running the restart or the pp.
Note that the file .paw is outside the folder .save even if you specify wf_collect = .true.

(I also had the problem that in a vdw-DF2 calculation, the file 'vdW_kernel_table' is included in the folder .save, but must be outside that folder to work in a restart/pp calculation)

I hope I've been useful

Daniele Ongari
Laboratory of Molecular Simulation,EPFL, Sion (CH)