[Pw_forum] Graphene Phonons Not Working

Abualnaja, Faris f.abualnaja15 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 21:16:19 CEST 2016

The k-points were chosen by observing the total energy and how it converges. At around 42 to 51 k-points, the total energy of the system converged. I have tried using a lower degauss (0.001) with the same mesh and the results at the gamma k and m points were not agreeable with literature. In fact at the K point there was a negative phonon!

I should also mention that I have tried very similar calculations with other pseudopotentials (Ultrasoft GGA C.pbe-rrkjus.upf, Ultrasoft LDA C.pz-rrkjus, Norm Conserving Blyp C.blyp-mt.upf) the results were the same. The kpoints and ecutwfc were chosen by observing how the total energy converges with respect to changes in these parameters. Similarly the results were not reasonable, with negative values in some areas and even maximas and minimas at non-high symmetry points.

Regards,

Faris