[Pw_forum] wannier_ham.x: Wannier orthogonalization failed.

Wang Riping wangriping at outlook.com
Wed Apr 20 13:36:45 CEST 2016

Dear Developer

I am now going to use wannier_ham.x

I make wannier function using the same pw.x results for scf and nscf calculation.

It is for the NiO case shipped as the example in quantum ESPRESSO.

When I use one the input file provided in the ESPRESSO example, it works.

But when I make modification, many Wannier orthogonalization failed.

The error report like this:

        Computing k-point        1715
        Computing k-point        1716

     Wannier orthogonalization failed on k-point1716 with status 1

        Computing k-point        1717

     Wannier orthogonalization failed on k-point1717 with status 1

        Computing k-point        1718
        Computing k-point        1719

I attached as bellow the input file for the case without error and with error.

wannier.in1

&inputpp
 prefix='NiO'
 outdir='/home/riping/tmp/'