[Pw_forum] PAW orthonormality and obtaining S|psi>

Henry J Seeley hseeley at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 18 17:59:55 CEST 2016

I'm sorry to keep this thread alive so long but I'm confused.
When I use 'pw_export.x' to obtain wavefunctions for my PAW system, what
is it exactly that is being produced, if it is not the "full"
wavefunction?
Although these are not the "full" wavefunctions, could I still use them
to compare the bulk and slab systems by manual projection between the
two (via Matlab; I have my own code)?
Modifying the existing 'pp.x' code to give only the wavefunctions sounds
beyond my ability level; I am very unfamiliar with fortran. I appreciate
the suggestion though, I would like to one day be able to add/modify
some of the Quantum Espresso code for my own needs, but I don't see
myself being able to do that for a long time (what you all do is very
impressive).

Thank you,
Hank Seeley
University of Oregon, Chemistry Department