[Pw_forum] electron-phonon calculation problem

W2AGZ w2agz at w2agz.com
Fri Apr 15 05:03:54 CEST 2016

Dear J. Pesic,

I understand your frustration, and Paolo's response is very cogent...the
Fortran "ones and zeroes" at k(q) near zero need to be tuned "a priori or a
posteriori"  in either lambda.f90 and/or its output.  I've dealt with this
issue over the years attempting to calculate the Eliashberg-McMillan strong
coupling superconductivity parameters in copper oxide perovskites.  Please
visit www.w2agz.com for relevant publications/presentations and references.
I've found some success combining algorithms and code from PWSCF, GIBBS2,
and ELK.

I visited and spoke at your institute in Belgade back in "the bad old days"
of the mid-1970s, and recall fondly the hospitality of the faculty and the
beauty of the contryside.

Best, -Paul