[Pw_forum] TurboEELS for core-loss spectra

Joshua Taillon jtaillon at umd.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:23:07 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have been investigating using QE/TDDFPT/turboEELS to simulate EELS spectra.
Thus far I have been able to reproduce the diamond plasmon spectrum using the
example provided in Timrov et al.'s Computer Physics Communications paper.

My area of interest is not in the low-loss region, but rather in the ELNES of
the core loss edges of Si, C, and O. From what I can tell turboEELS should be
able to do this, but I am uncertain of where to begin. My initial attempt to
increase the the 'end' parameter did not work to reproduce the core edge. Are
there any examples/tutorials for core-loss spectra? All the examples in the
TDDFPT folder end at 50 eV or below.

Thank you,
Josh Taillon

--