[Pw_forum] Finding the most stable structure

庞瑞(PANG Rui) pang.r at sustc.edu.cn
Mon Sep 28 07:49:08 CEST 2015

Dear reza
I think the proper way of doing this job is by some optimization algrithoms such as genetic algrithom and particle swarm algrithom. You can write a small srcript to implement these algrithoms and call pw.x to calculate the energy. As alternation, there are some open source software interfaced with pw.x can do this job such as CALYPSO. If the structure is not the major property you concern, you can use a MD process and reduce the temperature step by step.
Good luck
PangRui

庞瑞(PANG Rui)

South University of Science and Technology of China/Department of Physics

No.1088,Xueyuan Road, Shenzhen,Guangdong