[Pw_forum] average.x input file

naphtaly moro moronaphtaly84 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:00:46 CEST 2015

Dear forum,
I want to use average.x to do planar averages. however, the input file for
average.x has two variable that I don't how to obtain. The variables are

 npt          ! the number of points of the thick mesh
awin         ! the size of the window for macroscopic averages

How does one make a choice for these two variables, I have also tried
checking the workfunction example but the choice of values used for these
variables is not elaborated?

Kind Regards
OUMA, Cecil Naphtaly Moro
PhD (Physics)
Postdoctoral fellow (CSIR)
Cell: +27 721385182, 0842594493
"Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
circles,and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight
line." - Benoit Mandelbrot