[Pw_forum] Error in TDFPT calculations

meysam pazoki meysam.pazoki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:44:14 CEST 2015

Dear all!

During my TDFPT calcs(TDDFPT package) , i succeed to have the response
charge, polarizability tensor and dipole strength. Have a question about
post processing of data and it seems that some information reported within
the manual PDF file is missing in output ,i.*e absorption coefficient*( i
have installed the corrections suggested september 2015 posted by Lurii
yesterday) >

In the output file of spectrum.x, there are lines in the format (here ipol
= 4) >

chi_1_1=  0.349999999999973E+01  -.603110227199993E+02
 0.213842234462026E+01
S(E) =0.349999999999973E+01   0.324558683158170E+01

according to manual PDF file,  the second, third and forth columns
correspond to frequency, real and imaginary parts of dipole polarizability.
There is no alpha_line in the file for absorption coefficient! and  What
about S(E)?  the two values correspond to the investigated dipole strength
and the one calculated from sum rule?

The second question arises:  why the frequency column in chi_i_j (second
column) is equal to the S(E) always?
I expect that the program calculate the different transitions from VB to CB
with my fixed input frequency (in this case equivalent to 395 nm) and then
report different S(E) corresponding to different transitions with FIXED
frequency mentioned in input file!

Thanks alot
Best Regards
Meysam

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:20 PM, meysam pazoki <meysam.pazoki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot Luri!
>
> My Best Regards
> /Meysam
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Iurii Timrov <itimrov at sissa.it> wrote:
>
>> Dear Meysam,
>>
>> Try the latest SVN version of Quantum ESPRESSO from qe-forge.org.
>> Recently, there was a fix of the bug which is probably showing up in your
>> calculations:
>>

>> http://qe-forge.org/gf/project/q-e/scmsvn/?action=ScmCommitDetail&scm_commit_id=20502
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Iurii Timrov
>>
>> --
>> Postdoctoral Researcher
>> SISSA - International School for Advanced Studies
>> Condensed Matter Sector
>> Via Bonomea n. 265,
>> Trieste 34151, Italy
>>

>> On 2015-09-15 14:59, meysam pazoki wrote:
>>
>>> Hi again!
>>>
>>> For time dependent density functional perturbation theory calcs (TDFPT
>>> package), I succeed in running the first turbo_lanczos.x run (after
>>> Gamma point scf run) with following parameters:
>>>
>>> &lr_input
>>>     prefix="falip",
>>>     outdir='./tmp',
>>>     restart_step=250,
>>>     restart=.true.
>>>     !lr_verbosity=9
>>> /
>>> &lr_control
>>>     itermax=2500,
>>>     ipol=4,
>>> charge_response=0
>>> /
>>>
>>> and aslo used the turbo_spectrum.x successfully , but to have the
>>> charge response, i tried to use the second turbo_lanczos.x run with
>>> the following parameter that i failed and got the error:
>>>

>>>  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>>      Error in routine read_beta_gamma_z (3):
>>>      File is corrupted, data number follows:
>>>
>>>  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>>
>>> Second turbo_lanczos.x input file parameters:
>>>
>>> &lr_input
>>>     prefix="falip",
>>>     outdir='./tmp',
>>>     restart_step=250,