[Pw_forum] Error in TDFPT calculations

meysam pazoki meysam.pazoki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:59:00 CEST 2015

Hi again!

For time dependent density functional perturbation theory calcs (TDFPT
package), I succeed in running the first turbo_lanczos.x run (after Gamma
point scf run) with following parameters:

&lr_input
    prefix="falip",
    outdir='./tmp',
    restart_step=250,
    restart=.true.
    !lr_verbosity=9
/
&lr_control
    itermax=2500,
    ipol=4,
charge_response=0
/

and aslo used the turbo_spectrum.x successfully , but to have the charge
response, i tried to use the second turbo_lanczos.x run with the following
parameter that i failed and got the error:

 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
     Error in routine read_beta_gamma_z (3):
     File is corrupted, data number follows:
 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Second turbo_lanczos.x input file parameters:

&lr_input
    prefix="falip",
    outdir='./tmp',
    restart_step=250,
    restart=.true.
    !lr_verbosity=9
/
&lr_control
    itermax=2000,
    ipol=4,
charge_response=1
/

&lr_post
omeg= 0.23,
epsil=0.002,
w_T_npol=3,
beta_gamma_z_prefix="falip",
plot_type=2,
/

I appreciate any idea to solve the problem. It seems that the beta_gamma_z
coefficients are not enough in the file or some error in reading the
relevant files?
Thanks a lot in Advance
Meysam