[Pw_forum] QE-GPU installation help

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:56:32 CET 2015

Dear Rolly,

GCC is fine, you do not need Intel compilers if you do not have a license. MKL is preferable.

C2050 are quite old cards, I am not running or testing that GPU architecture since at least beginning 2014 and because of the current trends in CPU and GPU architecture this old architecture will not be supported further by the application (but it should still work). QE 14.10.0 is compatible with the latest QE. Just move the directory into the ESPRESSO_ROOT and run the configure accordingly. Compute capability of GPU C2050 is "sm_20". MPI is needed to run on the 8 GPUs. You can use OpenMPI if you do not have a license for Intel MPI. You need phiGEMM (self-compiled), you need MAGMA and you can skip scalapack

Before trying the GPU version of QE please make sure you are able to compile, run and test correctness of your results on your server/cluster using the simple CPU-only version.

HTH

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."