[Pw_forum] Geometry (Structural) Optimization

Sridhar Sadasivam sridhu88 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 02:51:51 CEST 2015

Hi Amir,
The calculation for geometry optimization does not require data from any
previous scf runs - It is a separate calculation. You need to use the same
pw.x program that you use for scf. But just change the calculation
parameter in &control namelist to 'relax' or 'vc-relax'. Apart from that,
your input file is quite similar to that for scf.
Sridhar
Purdue University