[Pw_forum] [Maybe SPAM] How to do clean stop during running job

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sat Oct 3 09:12:53 CEST 2015

dear Venkataramana Imandi
   your message is not very clear, to me at least, about what is your
problem.

   a user can stop a running calculation cleanly (so being able to
restart it or use its
temporarily stored data) by creating a prefix.EXIT file in the execution
directory.
   did you created such a file in the execution directory ? if yes did
the code stop (when reaching the next check point) ?

   the second method allows you to use a system signal to interrupt the
calculation but
1) the code needs to be instructed in advance when compiled by
specifying the option in the MANUAL_FLAG variable in make.sys
2) the code will stop at the next check point anyway.

stefano