[Pw_forum] Getting_an_Error

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 21:11:07 CET 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Mofrad, Amir Mehdi (MU-Student)
<amzf5 at mail.missouri.edu> wrote:
> I didn't quite understand what you said. I cut the content of my file and
> pasted it to another file. However, when I run it, it gives me the same
> error.

that can happen for example, if you create a file that is missing the
end-of-line character (if you are using a decent editor, this should
not happen, but ...). just try adding add a couple of empty lines at
the end.

other than that, if you are using a non-ASCII character set (e.g. when
using UTF-8 encoding or and/or native language support), sometimes
"funky" characters are inserted (e.g. different width spaces) to make
the text look "nicer". however, since those are not ASCII characters,
they are not recognized by text mode programs, despite looking
(mostly) the same as their ASCII counter part.

if that still doesn't make sense to you, i suggest you google around
and find out more about these issues.

axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey at gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0