[Pw_forum] troubles in using epsilon.x on spin-polarized pwscf calculations (Paolo Giannozzi)

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:58:05 CET 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Roberto Gaspari <Roberto.Gaspari at iit.it>
wrote:

> I have installed qe 5.2.1 on my internal cluster using gnu compilers as
> well as on cineca, by copying and pasting the lines in the file
> README.CINECA_fermi in the install directory of the qe distribution from
> module purge to make all.
> In both cases I get the same behavior as described in the previous email.
> A friend of mine, with qe installed using intel compilers, could complete
> the
> simulation, so could that perhaps be a compiler issue?

unlikely, because compiler issues are compiler-dependent and seldom appear
on two different compilers. It might related to how the code is run, but it
is hard to find what happens and why without a precise description of what
is done and how (and sometimes, especially if it is a sizable calculation,
even WITH a precise description)

Paolo

--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222