[Pw_forum] wrong symmetries for the forces in a supercell (two files enclosed, .in and .out)

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Sat May 30 13:17:31 CEST 2015

Dear Manuel,

the only explanation to me is that the code didn't find all the
symmetries that should be there - either because the atomic positions
were not specified with enough accuracy (so the actual unit cell doesn't
have those symmetries) or (maybe?) there is something missing in the
symmetry finder for the rombohedral case. How many operations did the code
find in the ibrav=0 or the ibrav=4 case? A change in lattie constant
(celldm(1))
wouldn't change the symmetries in your problem.

			nicola