[Pw_forum] How to get Fermi surface (kf_x, kf_y, kf_z) coordinates from Xcrysden

Rajan Pandey rajanpandey at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:58:47 CEST 2015

Dear PWSCF/Quantum ESPRESSO community,

We are working on metals like Cu, Al, W etc. and their electronic
properties. To compute a physical quantity of interest, we need to know the
coordinates
(kf_x, kf_y, kf_z) of all the points on the Fermi Surface(s) (FS) of - for
example Cu.  When we load  BXSF format of Cu FS to Xcrysden, we are able to
visualize the full FS. However, we need access to corresponding x, y, z
components of the Fermi wave vectors. We are wondering if there is a way to
extract the x, y, and z components of Fermi wave vector data from Xcrysden.
It would be helpful to get any advise on this.

Thanks, and regards,

Rajan K Pandey

IBM India Semiconductor R&D Center
Bangalore, India