[Pw_forum] Electron-phonon matrix calculation and elph.#iq.#irr.xml

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:47:08 CEST 2015

If I remember correctly, the calculation contains a division by the
frequency that becomes singular for the three zero-frequency acoustic modes
at q=0. Their coefficients are known to be zero anyway so they are ignored,
I think.

Paolo

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Jaehong Park <ignasio.ssp at gmail.com> wrote:

> At gamma point(q-point), there are only 6 irreps and thus 6
> elph.1.#irr.xml files where #irr runs from 1 to 6 due to degeneracy,

However, where q-point!=0 without such degeneracy, there are 9 irreps and