[Pw_forum] Re: Continuum solvation in Quantum-ESPRESSO: Environ module released

nisihara225 at gmail.com nisihara225 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 14:26:29 CEST 2015

Dear Dr. Oliviero Andreussi, and the Team of ‘Environ’,

I am interested in your solvent model based on continuum approximation,

and I will use the Environ package for my research.

Now, I am developing another solvent theory for the Quantum ESPRESSO.

The solvent theory is the 3D-RISM-SCF ( 3 Dimensional Reference Interaction Site

Model coupled with SCF ). The 3D-RISM-SCF treats solvent molecules as

classical force field, and optimizes statistical distributions of solvents directly.

You can checkout the source code of the 3D-RISM-SCF, from the URL:

  http://qeforge.qe-forge.org/svn/q-e/branches/espresso-3drismscf .

Also, you can compile and execute calculations.

For a benchmark of the 3D-RISM-SCF,

I would like for you to allow me to use the ‘TestSet’ composed of 240 molecules,

which is released at the URL:

  http://qe-forge.org/gf/download/frsrelease/186/763/TestSet-0.1.tgz .

I will publish papers before long, to complete details of the implimention

and results of benchmarks.

Regards,

Satomichi Nishihara