[Pw_forum] Doubt in workfunction example for Al100

Bipul Rakshit bipulrr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:47:34 CEST 2015

Really thanks for your suggestion Giovanni,
I just have few more doubts that if i want to find the work function of
Au-ZnO Slab. I have created Au(111) and ZnO(0001) Slab. So it has an
interface of Zn-Au and a vacuum of 10 Angstrom. I took 6 layers of Au and 4
double layers of ZnO. Then how to proceed.
Means
1) Which two consecutive atomic planes I have to choose Au-Au, Au-Zn or the
Zn-O planes. for the microscopic average calculation?

2) Also in-order to choose the inner part of the slab, so that part is
inside the Au-Slab or the ZnO Slab?

regards

Dr. Bipul Rakshit
Research Associate,