[Pw_forum] evc

aritz leonardo aritz.leonardo at ehu.eus
Thu Mar 26 12:45:55 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have a question regarding wavefunctions and particularly the order in
which they are written to the disk once the calculation is finished. So
I'd be grateful for anykind of help:

if "wf_collect" is set to true, each "K" folder contains the files
*evc.dat* and *gkvectors.dat*. I have converted them to xml readable
format and the question is the following:
If for instance we pick element number 4 of the evc file of point K,
this would correspond to the G-vector from the general list
(gvectors.dat) which is pointed by the 4th number in gkvectors.dat? In
other words, evc is written in an ordered way set by gkvectors.dat?

I ask this because I have written all the evc files directly to disk
using iotk libraries and the order is clearly different from the ones
written by espresso. I found out how to reorder them using the igk
pointer,  but I'd really like to see how and where does espresso do the
shuffling.

Thanks in advance
aritz

Aritz Leonardo Liceranzu
Department of Applied Physics II,
Faculty of Science and Technology,
University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU)
Bº Sarriena s/n, 48940 Leioa, Spain

http://fisica.ehu.es/~aritz        Fax: +34-946013500
Mail:aritz.leonardo at ehu.es        Phone: +34-946015338