[Pw_forum] compiling for Intel Xeon Phi

Евгений Пермяков permeakra at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:54:58 CET 2015

I have access to cluster with Xeon Phi coprocessor on nodes. (it also has
Scalapack and mkl) The documentaion mentions several way to compile
programs:
1) offload mode, executed on main CPU and offloaded onto coprocessor
"automagically"  (compiled with "mpicc" (I assume, in case of fortran
applications it is "mpif90")
2) native mode, executed completely on coprocessor, compiled with "mpicc
-mmic" ("mpif90 -mmic"
3) symmetric mode, requiring creation of both binaries

Questions: does pw.x benefit from any of the modes? How should  I create
'native' binaries ? Is it possible to produce both "mmic" and "normal"
binaries in same tree or I have to compile to source trees separately ?