[Pw_forum] terahedra method for projwfc

Ludwig, Stephan stephan.ludwig at pi1.physik.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Mar 19 12:40:59 CET 2015

Hello,

I read that the tetrahedron method is not implemented for projwfc-calculations.

What does this mean?

I have done scf calculation with gaussian smearing and afterwards nscf calculations with tedrahedra ( wanted to calculate DOS).

Now I whant to obtain the PDOS. When I do not specify any occupation and smearing and degauss in the projwfc-file I do not receive any error messages.

I suppose the program chooses some default values (gaussian smearing etc. Which defaults are chosen?).

My question: Is it a good idea to use a nscf-calculation with tetrahedra-method to calculate PDOS or shall I repeat the nscf with gaussian smearing?

Thanks and regards,

Stephan