[Pw_forum] occupations=tedrahedra

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Mon Mar 16 15:45:25 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 11:34 +0100, Ludwig, Stephan wrote:

> I read it is suggested to use the option "occupations=tedrahedra"
> and "nosym=.true."

"occupations=tedrahedra", yes; "nosym=.true." is (sometimes) used
for other purposes. If you don't understand it, don't use it.

> in order to calculate DOS. Do I have to use these options just in the
> nscf-run or also in the scf-rund?

in the nscf run only. You shouldn't perform structural optimization
with tetrahedra.

> And by the way I have difficulties to understand what these options
> mean. All I understand is that tedrahedra inhibits that I miss some
> singularities in DOS. But I do not understand how it works.

see P. E. Bloechl et al, PRB49, 16223 (1994)

Paolo

> Can anybody help me to improve my comrehension?
>

> Thanks and regards
>

> Stephan Ludwig

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222