[Pw_forum] Problems in gipaw EFG calculations

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Mon Mar 16 08:51:15 CET 2015

Thanks Filippo,
however my linux settings are already "unlimited". I guess the problem is
more subtle.
By now I'm using the acml fftw library (version 6), which seems to be
efficient (its speed seems to be comaprable to the fftw3 previously
mentioned, at least with Opteron).
Up to (cross fingers) no problems. :)

Carlo

> On Mar 9, 2015, at 6:05 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it>
> wrote:
> > Just in case: try to replace the automatic array
> >  complex(dp) :: psic(dffts%nnr)
> > with an allocatable array. Sometimes large automatic arrays fill the
> > stack and cause strange crash.
>
> Or try:
>
> ulimit -s unlimited
>
> But make psic allocatable is indeed a more elegant solution.

> Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
> http://filippospiga.info ~ skype: filippo.spiga
>
> «Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert
>
> *****
> Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL
> and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents
> are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized
> recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the
> sender immediately of any error in transmission."

Prof. Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it  Tel:+39 0116707507/8
Fax: +39 0116707855      -      Dipartimento di Chimica, via
P. Giuria 7, 10125 Torino, Italy.    http://lem.ch.unito.it/