[Pw_forum] Problem With WC Pseudopotentials in "Relax" Process

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Sun Mar 15 18:15:48 CET 2015

Dear Mojtaba,

1) for ferroelectric perovskites, use PBEsol, preferably, or LDA as an
xc functional

2) for the particular case of the Ba, Ti and O pseudos, use either
those three elements from the PBESOL pslibrary 1.0 (use a cutoff of 45 Ry,
dual of 8), from
http://www.qe-forge.org/gf/project/pslibrary/frs/?action=FrsReleaseView&release_id=147
or the ultrasoft PBESOL GBRV library (use a cutoff of 40 Ry, dual of 8),
http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/gbrv/

3) make sure you use atomic+random as initialization for the wavefunctions

Not sure if your problems are related, but fix 1+2+3 above before anything.

				nicola