[Pw_forum] error from pw_readfile- error opening xml data file

Mary Ebrahimi maryebrahimi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:39:18 CET 2015

Hello,
I am a new user of QE. I have managed to do some of the Exercises provided
by the software. The software is installed on a cluster.

For simulating a single crystal surface of copper, I am facing the "error
from pw_readfile ... error opening xml data file" seen in a "CRASH" file.

Also the following error in the run_pwscf.log file:
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

 All your advice is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mary