[Pw_forum] Core-level shift calculation

Guido Fratesi fratesi at mater.unimib.it
Fri Jun 26 14:57:34 CEST 2015

Dear Ganes,
I also use QE with core-hole PP to compute the CLS between different
atoms of the same atomic type in a system. However, I do not understand
what the "full-core-level-shift spectra" is. Do you mean, for different
atomic types?
Coming specifically to your question, but I'm not sure I got the point
correct, in principle you can include in the valence all the electrons
of an atom type (this is done for some Li pseudopotential, for example)
but that requires very large plane wave cutoffs. You would then prefer
to have a different basis set than the plane waves used by pw.x
HTH
Guido

--
Guido Fratesi