[Pw_forum] [qe-gpu]

nihalraz at iitk.ac.in nihalraz at iitk.ac.in
Wed Jun 17 14:18:50 CEST 2015

Dear QE users

I am trying to run QE-GPU with CUDA 7.0. My code runs fine when i run it
with one mpi process, but when i try it to run with 2 or 3 mpi processes,
it gives me the following error

[newd_cuda_v1.cu:205] qecudaGetLastError() error : kernel
kernel_compute_qgm_na launch failure : invalid device function.
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code.. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status,
thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[43331,1],1]
  Exit code:    1

However if i try to run it with more then 3 mpi processes, it gives the
following error-

Error in memory allocation, program will be terminated (2)!!! Bye...

I have 3 GPU on my system, but i am want to run it on single GPU.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Nihal Raj