[Pw_forum] Abinitio calculation for Iridium

Umesh Roy umesh24crp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:09:24 CEST 2015

Dear All,
           I have a problem of determining the phonon calculation for
iridium at high symmetry points. I calculated the phonons at different high
symmetry points for different set of k grid (used in the first part of scf
calculation). I get different phonon frequencies for each set of k grid at
any particular  phonon wave vector q. The variation in phonon frequencies
is not negligible in fact 40-50%. How is it possible? Here in the following
I attached the input files for pwscf and phonon calculation. Please help.
          Thank you in advance.

Chandra RoyResearch Scholar, School of Physical SciencesJawaharlal Nehru
University, New Delhi-110067,*

*India.*

*Email:umesh24crp at gmail.com <Email%3Aumesh24crp at gmail.com>*
*Mobile:+919868022722*