[Pw_forum] Optical Properties Problem

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Mon Jun 8 18:23:07 CEST 2015

You must perform the Lanczos calculation along 3 directions: X, Y, and Z
by setting ipol = 4 in the input file for the turbo_lanczos.x code, and
ipol = 4 in the input file for the turbo_spectrum.x code. In this way
you will obtain the polarisability tensor Chi and the oscillator
strength S. If you want the dependence of Chi and S on the wavelength
(in nm), you must specify units=2 and specify the parameters start, end,
increment in nm. Or, otherwise, you can convert Ry to nm. See the
documentation in TDDFPT/Doc.

Best,
Iurii