[Pw_forum] definition of bare potential

pourya pourya at flex.phys.tohoku.ac.jp
Wed Jun 3 05:05:20 CEST 2015

Dear Quantum Espresso Users

I have the same question as the previous uestion email

I have a question regarding the definition of bare ionic potential,
In the PP.x when we calculate the bare potential, is it just the contribution of columbic potential of positively charged ion centers ?
or core electrons that are included in the  psudopotential also have contribution to it?
What is exact definition of bare potential then?

I will appreciate you if someone explains these questions.

Best Regard,

Pourya

Tohoku University, Japan