[Pw_forum] A question about c_band convergence

庞瑞(PANG Rui) pang.r at sustc.edu.cn
Mon Jun 1 14:39:15 CEST 2015

Dear all
The c_band converge warning is saide to be not important when doing a scf calculation. However, what about its appearing in a nscf calculation? I searched some post in the forum, but no clear response was found. I met the follwing hint when calculating bands, shall I ignore them?
  Computing kpt #:     1
     c_bands:  2 eigenvalues not converged
     total cpu time spent up to now is      692.4 secs
     Computing kpt #:     2
     c_bands:  2 eigenvalues not converged
     total cpu time spent up to now is     1378.6 secs
     Computing kpt #:     3
     c_bands:  2 eigenvalues not converged
     total cpu time spent up to now is     2077.8 secs
     Computing kpt #:     4
     c_bands:  2 eigenvalues not converged
     total cpu time spent up to now is     2759.8 secs
     Computing kpt #:     5
     c_bands:  2 eigenvalues not converged
     total cpu time spent up to now is     3490.3 secs
     Computing kpt #:     6
     c_bands:  2 eigenvalues not converged
     total cpu time spent up to now is     4192.1 secs
     Computing kpt #:     7
     c_bands:  3 eigenvalues not converged
     total cpu time spent up to now is     4889.4 secs
Thanks for your response.
Best wishes!

庞瑞(PANG Rui)

South University of Science and Technology of China/Department of Physics

No.1088,Xueyuan Road, Shenzhen,Guangdong