[Pw_forum] BFGS Relaxation

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Sun Jul 26 10:29:59 CEST 2015

On Saturday, July 25, 2015 07:28:34 PM Kanak Datta wrote:
> 1. I just wanted to know whether the cutoff values are ok or not.......As I
> am from EEE background..I have very little knowledge on these things.....

They are problably not, you have to test convergence. You can use the initial
geometry (if it is not completely off) with a single k-point. As you pseudos
are norm-conserving you do not need to set ecutrho: the default value of
4*ecutwfc is ok. On the other hand a convergen ecutwfc is going to be between
40Ry and 120Ry, you'll see. As converged you can take 1mRy/atom, but if you
want to study other properties you've better check convergence of those
directly.

> 2. Besides should the van der waals corrections be applied in relaxation
> part from the beginning?

yes

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto