[Pw_forum] Any special treatments for DFT-D2 and DFT-TS ?

Francesco Pelizza francesco.pelizza at strath.ac.uk
Wed Jul 8 18:02:49 CEST 2015

Hi dears,

I am wondering if when you want to use the input_dft='dft+d2'
input_dft='dft+ts', you also need to take account of special factors to
properly run a simulation?

I ask this because I have a general problem in using these XC-f
corrections, for many different systems as pure metals or oxided metals
crystals, pervoskites, organic polymer (vdW should be really matter only
in polymers where there are axis not constrained by chemical bonds as in
metals), I can not conclude a VC-relaxation, it always crashes because
the cell becomes so small that more or less 30 k-points are too much to
fit the cell.

The only thing I change to use this XC-f (in respect of other
simulations for the same system with different XC-f) is giving
explicitly the flag "input_dft" with Grimme or Tkatchenko-Scheffler
dispersion forces correction (dft+d2 of dft+ts respectively), but it
never works.

So, Am I probably missing something on input files settings to let these
XC-f to do their jobs?

Thank you very much for the time and patience !

Kindest Regards

Francesco