[Pw_forum] too many r-vectors error

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:01:35 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Ahmad.Ziaee <Ahmad.Ziaee at ul.ie> wrote:

> I have optimized with rigid cell parameters at first and then I wanted to
> let the cell to relax but after some scf step I receive the below error:
>

>      Error in routine rgen (31367):
>
>      too many r-vectors

there is something very wrong in your calculation. The number between
brackets is the number of atom-atom distances smaller than an internally
computed value. It should be at most a few tens, not 31367. Look in your
outputs for something weird, such as e.g. an exceptionally small unit cell

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222