[Pw_forum] Smearing Problem

robert.guzman guzmanar at cab.cnea.gov.ar
Wed Jul 8 15:41:26 CEST 2015

Excuseme.
On my experience I prefer to use smearing gaussian because this smearing
is more stable than the others when the density of states have a height
structure, for example peaks of density of states near the fermi level.
This smearing needs a good density of k points but is stable. In the
case when the density of states have a slow structure (flat density of
states) is better to use the smearing mp or mv.
It is only my oppinion.
Best Regards!
Mg. R.M. Guzman Arellano.
Instituto Balseiro - Argentina