[Pw_forum] How to calculate piezoelectric constants

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Jul 7 17:02:10 CEST 2015

It used to be coded as post processing of the Phonon code but not any more.
It should be possible to compute the change in macroscopic polarization
induced by a deformation by the Berry phase approach.
Or calculate the stress induced by a finite electric field [see e.g.
Umari, Pasquarello PRL 89, 157602 (2002)]

stefano