[Pw_forum] Smearing Problem

paresh rout paresh.rout88 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:39:20 CEST 2015

Thank you very much sir. That was a very helpful reply. Now I understand
 smearing. Just one more query, I did a convergence test with k-point
sampling  by fixing the F-D smearing value to 0.00184 and the energy
difference between C-type and G-type  seems to be converged (I have
attached the convergent test plot). If I understand your explanation
correctly then this result should also be reliable. Please let me know if I
am wrong.

 I will also do the convergent test with M-V(0.01) and the second solution
that you have suggested.
(The K-points grids are 8 8 6 , 10 10 8, 12 12 10, 14 14 12, previously I
was using 8 8 6)

Kind Regards
Paresh Chandra Rout
Research Scholar
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, BHOPAL