[Pw_forum] Input for Quantum Espresso

Mohan maruthi sena maruthi.sena at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 10:20:40 CET 2015

Hi  all,
            I recently started using espresso. I want to  optimize a
crystal structure. By looking at the previous posts , I tried to use
cif2qe.sh script to convert from .cif to .inp file.  I tried with various
examples and it was working. I  could not prepare inp file for the attached
cif file. I have visualized the cif file in vesta, gaussian and then saved
those .cif file. It prepared input files but the atoms are too close.

1) Can some please let me how to give prepare input file for espresso
5.1.1, using cif or pdb file?

2) If want to create a slab structure and maintain 10 angstorms distance
between the slabs? How can i do this in espresso?

3) I have used the following server (
http://j-ice.sourceforge.net/ondemand/index.html) but could not get the
input file.

Please find the attached  cif and espresso input files.