[Pw_forum] Re : how to calculate U parameter

Matteo Cococcioni matteo at umn.edu
Mon Jan 12 10:11:40 CET 2015

Dear Swati,

I do not know much about ZnSe and cannot answer your first question.
Usually the +U correction is applied to atoms with d or f electrons.
As for changing the routines it should self-evident once you open them. In
set_hubbard_l you choose the l quantum number  you want to apply the U to
for a specific atom (e.g., if you correct the d states of Fe you pick l = 2
for Fe). In tabd, instead, you choose the total number of electrons (spin
up + spin down) the code places on the selected orbitals
(e.g., for Fe it is usually 6).

Hope this helps.

Matteo