[Pw_forum] installation.

Jiban Kangsabanik jiban2512 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:26:31 CET 2015

Hi,
     After installing quantum espresso in a cluster by using commands
'./configure' and 'make all' when I was running a calculation it was giving
the message like below-
     "WARNING: No preset parameters were found for the device that Open MPI
detected:

  Local host:            didymium.cmpgroup.ameslab.gov
  Device name:           mlx4_0
  Device vendor ID:      0x02c9
  Device vendor part ID: 4099

Default device parameters will be used, which may result in lower
performance.  You can edit any of the files specified by the
btl_openib_device_param_files MCA parameter to set values for your
device.

NOTE: You can turn off this warning by setting the MCA parameter
      btl_openib_warn_no_device_params_found to 0."
It was giving output but was taking approx. same time as my PC. pls.
resolve the issue. Thank you.

sincerely,

Jiban Kangsabanik

Ph.D student, Physics Dept.