[Pw_forum] Bulk modulus of triclinic pentacene

VARSHA RANI varsha24_sps at jnu.ac.in
Wed Dec 16 10:14:45 CET 2015

Kondrin, thank you so much for your quick response. But I want to discuss
some more things. I need only bulk modulus not shear modulus. Instead
I need deformation potential also.
So your suggestion of calculating the bulk modulus from the energy difference
between the optimized structure at normal and high pressure can
resolve only the bulk modulus problem.

But can you suggest me something about deformation potential. For my
bulk modulus calculation, initially
 I have used 'vc-relaxd' structure so that I know that my structure is
optimized.

Then after deforming the lattice I ran only 'scf' calculations. should
I still 'relax' after deforming every

time. Also can you suggest me some reference relating elastic
constants to bulk modulus for

triclinic structure.