[Pw_forum] similar to WAVECAR and CHGCAR in VASP

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:43:07 CEST 2015

Yes and no. PWscf produces various files containing general data, charge
density, wavefunctions. It can read those files, but with many limitations.
For instance, it is not possible to perform a calculation at higher cutoff
starting from data produced at lower cutoff

Paolo

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Amir <amir_ni21 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When we run a calculation in VASP, it makes WAVECAR and CHGCAR files that
> can be used as input file for further calculations, for example, if we want
> to increase the number of k points or increase the cut off energy. It is
> also very useful, especially, if you want to continue a relaxation without
> doing the first loop of self-consistent calculation since we already have
> the charge density for the initial structure. Is there such thing in QE?

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222