[Pw_forum] DFT+U calculations

Jia Chen jiachenchem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 23:04:31 CEST 2015

Dear Muhammad Adnan,

Firstly, I would like to point out contribution of vibrational modes to
free energy would not be significant compared to the uncertainties coming
for other parts of calculation. Because you don't have a light element,
like H, in your system.

Secondly, It may be quite tricky to calculation vibrational frequencies
using DFT+U, particularly for systems like TiO2-1, even with frozen phonon
method. Because small displacement of atoms in these systems can cause
dramatic change of electronic structure.

Cheers