[Pw_forum] Problem to restart calculus in PWscf

Yenner Bentarcurt yenner.bentarcurt at ciens.ucv.ve
Wed Aug 12 19:00:57 CEST 2015

Dear PWSCF users and developers

Now I carry out simulation of polar surfaces of iron oxides, but when I try to restart a
calculus, this fails and reports the  message  "error while reading from file
./wfcdir/prefix.wfc1". When I search  for this file in the directory ./wfcdir this is present
but shows 0 bytes. The Namelist &CONTROL for this calculus is

&CONTROL
  restart_mode = 'restart' ,
   calculation = 'relax' ,
    wf_collect = .true. ,
     outdir = './outdir' ,
     wfcdir = './wfcdir' ,
     pseudo_dir = '/opt/espresso-5.1.2/pseudo/' ,
     prefix = 'magh-slab100-3v124-111-pbeUwithcorrefield01-relax02' ,
     etot_conv_thr = 1.0D-5 ,
      forc_conv_thr = 1.0D-4 ,
      nstep = 500 ,
      tefield = .true. ,
      dipfield = .true. ,

I'm using of the QE 5.1.2 version, compiled in centOS 7 on a Dell tower server with 16
processors and 16 Gb of memory
I hope all your help

Yenner
Student of PhD
Central University of Venezuela
Science Faculty, Department of Chemistry