[Pw_forum] Computer cluster Parallel run:-Reg

Suresh A suresh2007pgp19 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:01:28 CEST 2015

Respected Sir/Friends,
                    I have formed a PC beowulf cluster (X86_64 old PC's
made on 2007) and installed quantum espresso-5.2.0 in it. Now the cluster
is running very slowly than the single core i5 processor, DDR3 RAM with
1600MHZ speed. The following is my observation in single core i5 processor
and in beowulf cluster for the titanium dioxide supercell of size 2x2x1.
One more thing is, in cluster every node has 2GB DDR2 RAM with speed 667
MHZ. for i5 processor 8GB with 1600 HZ.

total cpu time spent upto now is    408.7 secs   (for  i5 CPU having
1600MHZ)

total cpu time spent upto now is    it is keepon running more than 1 hour
(for one single processor in PC cluster)

total cpu time spent upto now is    1402 secs ( for -ni 10 -nk 10 in PC
cluster)

Is this due to RAM speed, size or anything else?

Looking forward to your valuable suggestions

                  With Regards,
A.Suresh,
Research Scholar,
Madurai Kamaraj University,