[Pw_forum] Problem with TiO2 (anatase) band structure

Sadegh Ghaderzadeh sa.ghaderzadeh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:00:33 CEST 2015

Dear QE users
I'm studying the TiO2 anatese (101) surface. I calculated the band
structure, but there were some extra bands in the gap region. I found out
that they are because of free electrons arising from cutting the bulk. So I
tried to passivate the surface with Hydrogen. After passivation, I have
less extra bands, but some bands are still there. How can I solve this
problem? and how can I eliminate these extra bands?
Attached are my bands before and after passivation.

Thanks in advance
Sadegh