[Pw_forum] Electron-phonon coupling code

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Sep 23 22:40:42 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 15:08 -0400, Sridhar Sadasivam wrote:

> What does the case electron_phonon = 'Wannier' correspond to?
>  I see from phonon.f90 that the code would call
> ep_matrix_element_wannier.f90 if elph_mat = .true. but this does not
> seem to be explained anywhere in the documentation
> ( http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PH.html#idp74656

you may safely assume that what is not explained in the documentation
- doesn't exist, or
- doesn't work, or
- it is not suppported: use at your own risk (more than the rest of the
  code, I mean)
In the specific case, I think that only parts of the code have been
released and that there are some parts that are still missing.

>  Where exactly is there a difference between these two cases?

a few lines after those you have listed.

P.

--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222